Thursday, March 24, 2011

Utah

As we made our way on I-84 toward Utah today, a couple of things stood out.  The very large, very clean rest areas in S. Idaho and the absolute horrid road conditions on I-84.  One bump after another.

We kept climbing up and up, seeing some snow (none on the road, thankfully!) as we went over Sweetzer Summet at 5530 feet elevation.

Sweetzer Summet


After about 350 miles, we pull into our RV park in N. Utah surrounded by mountains.   Jake forgot to pack his pajamas, so we walked to Wal-Mart, taking pictures the whole way, of course. 

Jake taking his shot


The mountains on the walk to WalMart

Another view

The park sign

I realized that I didn't have any pictures of the family (oops) so I snapped a few today. 

Jake

Joey

Keely

Dad

We are off to S. Utah tomorrow--still making our way to the Grand Canyon.  

We are stopping in Salt Lake City to meet a dear internet friend for a coffee--we can't visit long, but I'm looking forward to it!!










10 comments:

BETHANY said...

Crucial instruction here. Ready? You must hand the camera to other family members so that there will be pictoral evidence that *you* were also on this trip. :)

Now that we've got that covered, who are you having coffee with?

Nicole said...

The mountains are beautiful!

G5 said...

Little Women. I'd share her name, but I don't know if she ever has online, so I won't. *Maybe* I'll be in a picture tomorrow, maybe not--I'm not going to have wi-fi tomorrow to upload anything. ;)

Bob and Cheri said...

Those mtns. are stunning! You will need to be in tomorrows pic; because we need proof that your meetup happened.

BETHANY said...

Fun! Even if you can't post tomorrow, you'll still need to take a meetup picture to post when you are able.

daisygirl said...

It's SO exciting to see you living a dream! Not just yours, but soooo many people wish they could do exactly what you are doing! What a wonderful memory for all of you! Have a blast! I'll be "following" your adventures! love, your sis*

Anonymous said...

What beautiful scenery on the way to Walmart!

I am so enjoying reading about your trip!

Susan in NC

DebD said...

Oh my goodness! The mountains are gorgeous. What a great adventure.

Unknown said...

What beautiful mountains!!!

I think I'd go to Walmart every day, if I had such a view!!!

Sandy said...

Um, I want that view when I go to WALMART!! lol! So beautiful!