Friday, March 25, 2011

Slippery Soap from Blue's Clues-- Really?

Yup.  Really.  Slippery Soap is along for the ride.  Now, I did not know (until yesterday) that Slippery Soap was in the RV.

Now, before you think I've gone totally off my rocker, I have to fill you in on the backstory.

A long time ago in a far away time, my children loved the show, Blue's Clues.  *I* loved Blue's Clues (and Steve--Joe was a poor substitution) because Blue meant a solo visit to the bathroom.  And so entered Blue's Clue's toys.  The mailbox, a Blue pillow and-- a small stuffed Slippery Soap. The toys were much enjoyed but, the children grew up and no longer played with Blue and his friends.

It was time for the toy purge.

I  gather up all the Blue's Clue's toys and outside to the garbage bin they go---however, in my initial sweep I had missed Slippery Soap.  So, off to the trash Slippery Soap went.  All by himself--face up.

Along comes my husband--he opens up the trash bin and there is Slippery Soap, staring at him.  So, he rescues him and pulls him out of the bin.  Now, my husband is a smart man.  He knew that Slippery Soap had worn out his welcome inside the house.  He proceeds to place Slippery Soap on the dash of his work truck.  Slippery Soap lived many happy years in Keith's work van.

When the time came to turn the work van back in to the company, Slippery Soap somehow made his way into the house--I'm pretty sure he spent some time in a drawer or a cupboard, but I didn't see him.

When Keith started working out of state, Slippery Soap went with him.  In the RV.

So *that* is how Slippery Soap ended up on our cross country adventure.  Since he's here, he might as well join us. I expect you'll see Slippery Soap at all our major stops. :)

Slippery Soap in Idaho

8 comments:

Kelly said...

I think we are going to need to see pictures of Slippery Soap at all the major sites. In fact I will be quite disappointed if it doesn't happen!

Rachel said...

I agree with Kelly. He's your mascot! And a cute one at that.

pixleyyy said...

OMG, that's too cute! He can be your "Where's Waldo" of the trip. More pictures with Slippery Soap please. :) (BTW, my kids loved Blues Clues too and I was so sad the day the Thinking Chair finally moved out of our house.)

Rory L. Aronsky said...

Better than that stupid Travelocity gnome.

DebD said...

your own trip mascot! How fun.

Unknown said...

Everybody needs a trademark. You may have just found yours. He's a friendly looking fellow!

A little slippery, perhaps.

But, friendly!!!

Rebecca said...

That's hilarious!

Sandy said...

Love it! When we went to Alaska a couple of years ago we found a Lego guy in our suitcase. So, naturally we took a picture of him everywhere we visited! lol! Love those childhood favorites.

~Sassy Sandy