Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Slowing Down

You know how sometimes even a simple summertime trip to the beach in the summer seems rushed?  This is only our first day and I’ve already caught myself almost saying “Sorry, we don’t have time for that view point”.  Umm, you know what?  We do have time to stop. Now, I didn’t pull out the big camera and play wanna-be photographer, but I did get a couple of nice pictures.  This is the Pendleton viewpoint in Eastern Oregon. 






We had a looong driving day today—425 miles and are spending our first night just over the Idaho border.  The kids are cranky and it’s a bit chilly, but the campground has free wi-fi.




12 comments:

Unknown said...

Free wi-fi! Excellent!!!
Hope you get a lot of that!
425 miles is quite a day's drive.

chelegirly said...

I'm so excited that you're on your way!! Brings back so many memories of our trip. I'm so glad you're letting us follow along with you!!

Bob and Cheri said...

Hooray for blogging! I am so excited that you are on your journey - and hope the kids stop being cranky! LOL!

Unknown said...

So excited for you guys!! Safe journey!!

Love the blog!!

Kelly said...

And so it begins.

pixleyyy said...

So excited that you're finally on the road!!!

BETHANY said...

You can't stop for every viewpoint, but you can't skip all of them either. After all, your loyal blog readers need to see pictures of your journey!

DebD said...

the pictures are great.

metanoia from THSL

Beth said...

I'm so excited y'all are on your way. We are living vicariously through you - keep the posts coming.

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo -- a new state is filled in on your map!

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for you. Keep posting about your adventures.

G5 said...

Thanks everyone! Another campground with free wi-fi! I know the one tomorrow does NOT have free wi-fi. :)