Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Grand Canyon, Day 1

We pulled into the RV Park at the Grand Canyon around 2:00 pm on Sunday afternoon.  I was thankful that I had made reservations since the park was completely full.  Monday morning, however, saw many people pulling out and the crowds were minimal.  The Shuttle bus picked us up at the entrance of the RV park and off we went to the Visitor's Center to get our National Park's Passports stamped.  It was then a short walk to the rim!


There really isn’t anything to say about the Grand Canyon except that pictures do NOT do it justice.  

Day one,  South Rim, Rim Walk, 2.5 miles






It seemed that we were stopping every few feet to take a picture.  I don't think it's possible to take a bad picture of the Canyon.  It's unbelievably beautiful and vast.  



















As we entered the campground from the shuttle stop, we were greeted by a small herd of elk grazing on the campground grass.



I’ll leave you with my favorite shot of the day (all the pictures we took are on Flickr).











4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome seems such a sadly overused word at this moment, doesn't it?

BETHANY said...

That last picture is fantastic!!

Leslie said...

GORGEOUS pix! I love the Grand Canyon! We've not taken our kids there yet, though - not till our youngest is more reliably obedient - I don't want to see our names splashed all over the headlines!

Robin said...

Gorgeous! When our family went to the Grand Canyon it was snowing. I had never pictured the canyon with snow - it was stunning.