Sunday, March 13, 2011

The Crown is Open

BUT, we won't get to go up to the crown.  The Statue of Liberty's crown, that is.

Picture from http://how-to-visit.com/
Visits that allow you to go up to the crown are sold out for the entire month of May.  I'm very bummed.  I was able to get tickets that will allow us to go to the observation deck in the pedestal.

Hey, at least we get to go, right?  I spent 16 of the first 18 years of my life on the East Coast and never went to the Statue of Liberty.

Good thing I hadn't had my heart set on a cruise around the island and under the Brooklyn Bridge--those are sold out through October!

3 comments:

Heidi’sbooks said...

Bummer! But, at least you'll be right there in the pedestal. I've only seen it from an airplane.

Leslie said...

Just going into the pedestal is a trip! SO cool!

G5 said...

@ Heidi--you're right. I know.

@ Leslie--I know it will be cool and I'm certain that I will get over my disappointment. Heck, just *going* is cool!