Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ah, that's better...SUN!

Today was a MUCH better day.  The weather improved dramatically the further south we traveled.  We encountered a little bit of rain but NO SNOW!!  The view was spectacular through the mountains as we made our way into Nevada.







Today was also a much shorter driving day--we only went about 200 miles (and gained an hour back since we crossed back over to Pacific time) which saw us pulling into our RV park around 2:00.  

A Shadow!


Here, I would like to draw your attention to the shadow cast by the entrance sign.  The shadow means SUN!  It was a bit windy but when the sun is shining and it's 65, all is right with the world.

We spent the afternoon outside playing horseshoes (I won) and shuffleboard (I won one and lost one) and just hanging around.  In the sun.




A nice, relaxing afternoon.  Tomorrow we arrive at our first major stop, The Grand Canyon, where the weather forecast calls for SUN!











7 comments:

Bob and Cheri said...

What beautiful scenery! I just love that you are on this adventure!

Rachel said...

The Grand Canyon is so beautiful. Enjoy!

Susan said...

So glad to see the sun! Can't wait to see the Grand Canyon (I feel like I'm there with you, lol!)

Susan of GreenGables

Carrie said...

I guess I take the sun for granted!

Kelly said...

So glad you got sun!!

Isaac is going to the Grand Canyon next week.

Unknown said...

Watch out you don't overdose on Vitamin D, girl!
I'm happy for you!

Sandy said...

Yay for sun! Beautiful pictures!

~Sassy Sandy