Saturday, April 23, 2011

More About the Georgia Aquarium

The Georgia Aquarium bills itself as the largest in the world.  It *is* large, but not well suited to large crowds.  The whole experience felt like a tourist trap.  A souvenir picture was taken before we even entered the building--everyone's picture was taken (as an aside, the picture came out really good and I ordered an 8x10).   The exit is through the the gift shop and one of the attractions dumps you out into the cafeteria.

The tunnel was neat, but we have the Newport Aquarium in Oregon that has a  walk through tunnel.  Perhaps that why we were a bit underwhelmed.

I'm glad we went and Jake was particularly happy--he loves aquariums.



It was tough to take pictures due to the crowds, but I'll share some of the ones I took. 








1 comment:

Carrie said...

I love aquariums, too, but I think I'd be overwhelmed by the crowds!