Friday, January 28, 2011

Name Changes and Calendars

Keith didn't really like the title of the blog, so I've changed the name of the blog from Bounder Beast to Bounder Bus.  Just for him.  

He managed a short visit home for the weekend and I can’t wait to sit down and plan out some of our trip together!  The plan for the weekend is to sit down with some checklists.  From there, we’ll head out to Camping World for some of the supplies we’ll need.   B.o.r.i.n.g., but necessary. 

Next, I plan on pulling all the maps back out and going over the itinerary I’ve worked up.  I printed up a couple of blank calendars and have penciled the stops in.  I figure we’ll travel between 6 and 7 hours a day on our travel days.

I’ll share what I’ve done so far….

3/23            Leave Home and arrive in Caldwell, ID
3/24            Arrive Provo, UT
3/25            Arrive Zion National Park, UT
3/26            Spend the day exploring the Park
3/27            Leave Zion and arrive at The Grand Canyon
3/30            Leave the Grand Canyon/arrive aroundWilcox, AZ
3/31            Arrive Carlsbad, NM
4/1              Explore the Carlsbad Caverns
4/2              Leave head to Fort Stockton, TX (here’s some wiggle room)
4/5              Arrive Corpus Cristi, TX and hang out at the Gulf
4/8              Leave CC, TX (more wiggle room as we make our way to FL)
4/13            Arrive at Fort Wilderness at Disney in Orlando, FL
4/17            Leave Orlando
4/18            Arrive Atlanta, GA
4/19            Georgia Aquarium
4/20            Leave GA and head North.
4/21            South Carolina stop- maybe?
4/22            Arrive Williamsburg, VA
4/23            Explore Colonial Williamsburg (another bit of wiggle room)
4/25            Arrive MD to visit my best friend, Jennifer
4/26            Spend a couple of days with Jen  while exploring DC
4/29            Leave MD and arrive in PA to spend some time with family
5/1              Spend the week exploring PA and NYC-Statue of Liberty!
5/6              Leave PA and head west

From here we may head to Springfield, IL to see Lincoln’s childhood home or just head NW to WI to visit Yerkes Observatory and hopefully visit with my stepsister and her family.

We’ll then make our way to Mt. Rushmore, SD and head on to Yellowstone and possibly the Grand Tetons.

We need to be back at home before Monday, May 30.

Please feel free to comment with any and all suggestions you might have!



4 comments:

pixleyyy said...

The only comment I have is: Can I come along? Sounds like a perfect road trip and exactly what Brian and I have talked about doing for years. You are going to have a fabulous time and I'm sooooo jealous!

G5 said...

Thanks!!! I certainly hope so!

Unknown said...

Looks like a plan! It will be fun to watch how it evolves, and compare what actually occurs with the plan. Life has a way of happening, but serendipity can be the greatest thing! Pray for divine appointments!

Unknown said...

So Exciting!!