Tuesday, January 11, 2011

The Map is On the Wall!!

I pinned the map of the USA on the wall tonight.

So far I have push pins for….

Yellowstone
Mt Rushmore
Yerkes Observatory
Grand Canyon
D.C. - Library of Congress
Statue of Liberty
Gettysburg
Colonial Williamsburg
Lincoln’s Childhood Home in Springfield
Zion National Park
Disneyworld- Fort Wilderness

The Gulf of Mexico is on the list—just not sure where exactly we’ll be stopping.  The Georgia Aquarium and the Mall of America are maybes.

Now, I just need to figure out distances and approximate timelines.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm excited about following your trip on your blog. I'm going to follow your planning, too, because I'd like to do a trip like this someday.

Susan (Mazurka)

pixleyyy said...

OK, seeing this gets me so excited for you all!

G5 said...

Thanks! I'm excited and I think the kids are getting a little bit excited--or maybe they are just looking forward to no school for 8 weeks.

Chase Pixley said...

I hope that you find a place averagly cleaned up from the BP Spill! And, if you want to, I have a few places you'd probabaly like to go (e. g. wayching antelope migrations)

G5 said...

Send me any and all suggestions you might have Chase!

Thea