Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Finally--- a Little Excitement?


I mentioned that the kids aren’t all that excited about our trip.  I really want them to look forward to the trip, so, since they are homeschooled, I’ve added some new assignments. 

Initially the kids groaned. 

“You mean we have do MORE school work because we are  going on the RV trip?”

“I knew I didn’t want to go.”

However,  I did see a faint glimmer of excitement today…..

I gave the kids the list of places that we are going to visit, along with a list of ‘maybes’.  I told each of them to pick a place, research it, write a paragraph about it, find and print a picture of it and submit it to me. 

I received a report today on The Grand Canyon and The Georgia Aquarium. 

:::the oldest is getting ready to take the SAT this Saturday, so I exempted her:::

This might work….


3 comments:

The Hayes Zoo said...

Awesome. :)

Whatever it takes to get 'em schooled. At least you didn't get a report on why they aren't excited. :)

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to RV through the USA - and a friend is selling her cuter than all get out RV. Dangit.

G5 said...

Ha! I'm glad they didn't think of that!

Wish you could do it too. Everyone I've talked to that has done a cross country trip has said how wonderful it is. Here's hoping we have the same experience!

Unknown said...

So envious! (In a good way!)