Saturday, May 21, 2011

State observations

*In Indiana you can only have a roadside emergency for two hours.  It's true, I saw the signs.



*Texas and Idaho have incredible rest areas.



*Louisiana's non smoking signs are apparently just suggestions.  We also saw our first styrofoam containers in at least 10 years, in Louisiana.



*Texas had this really strange bird called a Grackle.  Good imitators, these Grackles--we heard a fine car alarm imitation one morning.



*New Mexico loves a good Chinese Buffet.  They are everywhere.



*Pennsylvania has a reputation for having the worst roads in the country, yet the  roads we drove on in Pennsylvania were just fine.



*Georgia's WalMart carries Krispy Kreme doughnuts while Wisconsin's WalMart has a horrible cheese selection.  Strange.



*Mobile, Alabama looks like a beautiful city to visit.



*South Dakota is the land of cheesy, roadside tourist attractions.



*In Sparta, Wisconsin you can visit the Deke Slayton and Bicycle Museum.  Huh?  Yes, that is the same place.


*Wyoming has terrible water.  Why, I wonder?  No one lives here!



*The really old section of every town in America is "Historic" and should be visited.  I guess.


*I think Montana is a pretty state - hard to tell since all we've seen is rain.   :(

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

LOL! I've lived my whole life in Indiana and never noticed those signs. Good thing I've never had more than a 2h roadside emergency!

Susan said...

LOL, I've broken down in Indiana twice, and each time was for more than 2 hours. It took forever for roadside assistance to come.

Anyhow, where are you tonight? Did you make it home? I'm feeling for Keith and all those repairs.

Unknown said...

Love these random geographic thoughts!