Monday, May 9, 2011

Random Thoughts.....

Just some random thoughts as we spend the night in Indiana.  We continue west tomorrow, stopping in WI on Tuesday to see my dear step-sister!  I'm so excited to see her and, hopefully, meet her family.  It's been way too long.


*We paid $32 for the privilege of driving through Ohio on some of the *worst* roads of the trip.

*Pennsylvania drivers do not know how to merge.

*The use of blinkers appears to be optional, nationwide.

*Doves are some of the most annoying birds--- ever.  They are everywhere, at every park location we've stayed at.

*Birds on the East Coast are much more colorful and noisy than those back in our section of Oregon.

*It is most excellent to drive with a potty on board (unless, of course, you are the one driving).

*The Pacific Northwest truly is one of the most beautiful places in the country to live. I am very fortunate to call it home.

*On a trip like this, alcohol is *not* optional.

*We have not had as much free time as I thought we would.

*A happy driver makes for an enjoyable trip.

*I could plan an entire trip just visiting National Parks.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Doug thinks the roads in Indiana are worse than Ohio.....

The turnpike is way too expensive, IMO. It is $16 to drive to and from Toledo when we do meet ups there. Crazy!

I can't wait to see your part of the country some day.

G5 said...

Oh Kelly, we did Indiana roads today, paying $20 for the privilege, and they were horrible too!

Oy!

I'm so bummed I was so close and didn't get to stop and see you. September is a beautiful month to visit the PNW. Just sayin'. ;)

Unknown said...

Toll roads suck. And the PNW is exquisite. Other types of beauty can take a while to develop a taste for, being more like acquired tastes. I grew up in the mountains of West Virginia, and had to learn how to love West Texas. It took some doing, I must say, but, ultimately, I managed. Took me two years, though.