Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (and Devil's Tower)

We're stopped here in Sundance, WY where, yes, The Sundance Kid got his name.  He spent some time in the local jail and there is a decent museum in downtown Sundance, along with a bronze statue.





We then headed out to Devil's Tower National Monument where the rain held off long enough for us to complete the 1.3 mile loop around the base of the tower.
















We finished up by having lunch at Cindy B's in Aladdin, WY - population 15.  The place was run down and, by appearances, a total dive, but the burgers, pie and fries were delicious!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Now I've got the theme from "Close Encounters" going through my head. :)

G5 said...

Sorry Robin.

We borrowed Close Encounters from the RV park office and watched it last night before we went. ;)

Susan said...

Cool photos! Looks like a totally neat place to visit. I guess I'll have to be satisfied with Pilot Mountain until we can get out west some day.

And I hope it is NOT raining for you today. At least no downpours. I'll be checking back tonight to see how yo fared.