Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Last Day...... Home

Our last few driving days through Wyoming and Montana were miserable.  In two days we were only able to drive about 300  miles and were still 150 miles from Yellowstone.  
By this time, everyone was tired, cranky and ready to get home so we decided when Saturday, May 21st, dawned drizzly to just get in the RV and drive as long as the weather held.  Yellowstone would have to wait.

The weather held and drive we did.

Through Western Wyoming, Central and Western Montana (which is *beautiful*), the panhandle of Idaho, Eastern Washington and finally....





hitting the Columbia Gorge in Oregon.


Mt Hood


We arrived home Saturday night at 11:30.    Nine Hundred and Thirteen Miles, Five States and Eighteen Hours later. 

It was great to walk through the front door.




I'm sure I'll have a couple more post trip posts, but, for now, I think I'll go have another cup of coffee and lounge on my couch a bit.   :)



5 comments:

BETHANY said...

Welcome home!

Rory L. Aronsky said...

I'm drooling over those bookshelves.

The Hayes Zoo said...

Ahhhh....home, sweet home.

Unknown said...

Welcome home!!! I'm looking forward to your post-trip reflections! I'm sure you'll have some thoughts to share: things you'd do differently; things you loved most; the best parts; and the downside.

icklepay said...

Hooray! Funny how much we look forward to a trip, then look forward to getting home at the end!